Nothing goes better with the word cute than hipster does. If done right, an outfit can fit the two things perfectly, and you’re never gonna want to change fashion styles again. For some inspiration on what to wear, on some ideas when you’re rocking an alternative fashion inspired look, here are 16 cute hipster outfits you have to try.
1. Black statement singlet with ripped jean shorts, a sleek jet black brimmed hat, and a black Coco Chanel handbag
The good girls wear black statement couldn’t be closer than the truth (unless being a good girl doesn’t float your boat, in which case, bad girls wear black?). In any case, this outfit speaks volumes, with minimal effort to do the job.
An additional dream catcher or crescent moon necklace could add just a tad extra oomph to this outfit, and it would go excellent with combat boots or vans.
2. Stripe patterned crop top, high-waisted jean shorts, a black over-shirt, and black combat boots
Over-shirts are becoming a frequent feature in the hipster and grunge scenes, acting as both a shirt and as a jacket. This particular one falls more into the category of the latter, but it still carries significant shirt-like undertones. It really does bring the whole outfit together, and goes with the whole military feel that is set by the black combat boots.
This is supplemented with a contrasting hippy-chick look with the striped T, rolled up high waist jean shorts, and black tight necklace. A must-try for the in-between months, where the sun is out, but not in full force just yet.
3. Steel knit sweater and rugged black floppy skirt, with maroon scarf, black knee high socks, and dark crimson combat boots
A cute little autumn outfit, the cable knit really comes alive against the rugged black look of the floppy skirt. I can really see the knee highs giving this outfit a cutesie, yet stylish look, and the combat boots make a perfect match for the scarf.
4. Black statement crop top and ripped white jean shorts, with black knee highs going into white low cut Converse All Stars, and a plaid shirt thrown over the top
The plaid in this outfit is a shock in the system, and gives a grungy look that’s certainly a welcomed addition. The white converses go with pretty much anything, but the black on white look that the rest of the outfit carries really rounds off at the bottom.
5. A simple Varsity style crop top, with blue denim jean shorts, and cherry red high top Converse All Star Chuck Taylors
Simple and easy. The Varsity styled T in a crop top is not often seen around and about, which is a breath of fresh air for anybody who’s over seeing everyone looking the same. It could go well with a black frill skirt if you’re looking for something other than jean shorts to go with it, and combat boots could easily replace the All Stars.
6. White crop top with a maroon skirt, white Chuck Taylors, a maroon wide brimmed hat, some shades, and a cream knit sweater
Shirts that have a statement or phrase printed for all eyes to see are steadily rising in popularity — and I can’t say I have a problem with it at all. Especially this one, which if you don’t get the joke, you’ve been living under a rock for too long and it’s time to get out and soak up some sun immediately.
The maroon on white is like a bright autumn day, which is what this outfit is meant for. Off white and cream always goes swimmingly well with maroon, and this sweater looks awesome next to the skirt.
7. White T with washed out blue ripped jeans, classic Vans, and black shades
The black and white of both the shirt and the shoes really creates a match that pops, and the ripped jeans finish it all off brilliantly. I love the little Saturn emblem on the shirt, and you can best believe I’ll be hunting this down like a wild animal until I find it.
8. White crop top, warn in jean shorts, white low cut Chucks, and dark ruby love heart shades
Cute-sassy: the next big trend in this scene (I just came up with that term, so cite me whenever you use it thank you very much and good day to you also).
But seriously, I love this outfit. It gives a bright feel without going for the peacock colours to achieve it. The love heart shades fit with the love hearts emblazoned on the shirt, and the go away really means to say, “go away! unless you’re awesome, then you can stay”.
9. Off-white crop top with black arm and neck bands, shredded jean shorts, a black wide brimmed hat, round shades, and leather look brown boots
This outfit gives me the exact image the pineapple on the shirt portrays: fresh, sweet, but a little bumpy on the outside. Don’t get me wrong though, a little roughed up and a little raw is welcomed over being over clean and square, which is embodied by the great look the cutoff jeans give to the outfit.
I especially love the John Lennon inspired shades, which go so well with the hat.
10. Black sleeveless T with skeleton print, tattered jean shorts, navy Vans, dark black shades, a brown tassel hand bag, and a navy and grey-white plaid shirt
The skeleton print on this T is surreal, and it’s almost unlike anything I’ve ever seen with the feathers being a cool and intriguing addition. It’s a mix mash of colors, but this outfit pulls it all together nicely.
The Native American art inspired tassel bag is also a must have, as it goes with a variety of outfits. I also love how the shoes match the plaid shirt — definitely don’t give this outfit a miss.
11. Cream cable knit sweater, blue jeans, crimson Doc Martens, and clear lens glasses
Smart and sophisticated, yet cute all in the same package. I really love the simplicity of the sweater and jeans combo, and the Docs really bring this whole outfit together nicely.
You could also have a collared shirt pop out from underneath the sweater, or if it’s really cold, wear a Parka over the top.
12. Maroon T with a floral print pocket, ripped black jean shorts, high top All-Stars, and clear wide rimmed glasses
Again, a black on maroon combination to die for. This is an outfit for those warmer months; when you’re walking out and about the town and feeling the breeze hit you like a breath of, well, fresh air I suppose.
Floral is on a comeback, but if you’re worried about having too much noise in your outfit with something like floral, then an outfit like this is perfect. A pocket here, a belt there, maybe even a pair of shoes.
13. Cable knit sweater with a maroon skirt, white Chucks, and a cute maroon rose bud head band
This time it’s a white on maroon combination — is there anything maroon doesn’t go with? Bright green? Anyway.
If you’re looking for a cutesie yet still remaining within the confines of alternative culture outfit, then here it absolutely is folks. So simple and so easy, and you should already own these items anyway (but if you don’t you should definitely go invest in some). I love these types of skirts; non-constricting, and always look amazing.
14. Maroon Dress, black light combat boots, and deep red shades
This one’s a little different from the rest of the pack, but I just had to include it and share it with all of you. This all maroon dress is a must have, and it goes so well with the black combat boots. Alternatively, it could be dressed up with heels (if you wanted to), but it could also be worn extra casual with Vans.
15. Black T, blue jeans, black lace up heel boots, and a brown Parka
This is for those cooler months when you don’t want to be bogged down with too much stuff underneath. The Parka makes for a functional as well as stylish addition to this outfit, and the heel boots make it a little more dressy and a little more fancy (but still cute!).
16. Dark charcoal gray cable knit sweater, Chuck Taylors, dark jean shorts, and a black beanie
Love the sweater, and love the dark look it creates when combined with these jean shorts. Another staple All Stars to add to this simplistic and cute look.
Don’t be afraid to purchase a beanie, they are wonderful additions to outfits, and like this beanie says — it makes things just so much more awesome.
I hope you liked this post! Please follow us on all our social accounts so you’ll receive the latest news from our site. We’ll post more cool outfits ideas in the future.