Ready to dive into a bold, mysterious change in your look, gorgeous ghouls? Goth makeup is here to help you embrace your inner dark diva.
Both daring and chic, the goth aesthetic – including nu goth – is super versatile, so you can easily adapt it to your goth outfit for a unique, head-turning style. Get ready to have a blast experimenting with different captivating looks that’ll make you the queen of the night!
So, grab your makeup brushes and let’s unearth 10 stunning goth makeup looks you’ll absolutely love trying out. But first, let’s explore the origins of this bewitching beauty trend.
How to do goth makeup
Ready to slay that goth makeup look, babes? We’ve got you covered with some must-have Amazon finds that’ll help you create a fierce gothic or nu goth style.
Check out these essentials for mastering your goth makeup game:
- Black Eyeliner: Nail those dramatic wings with NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner. This eyeliner is perf for adding intensity to your eyes and making them pop.
- Dark Eyeshadow: Amp up your goth makeup with L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow Palette in “Smoky”. It’s packed with stunning dark hues like black, red, and purple – ideal for creating that sultry vibe.
- Light Foundation: Channel that ethereal, doll-like look with a foundation at least two shades lighter than your natural skin tone. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation has got you covered with a wide range of shades to find your perf match.
Trad Goth Makeup Look
The Trad Goth Makeup Look takes you back to the original goth movement in the 1980s. To rock this iconic style, embrace disheveled or backcombed hair for that edgy, rebellious vibe. Don’t forget to amp up the drama with dark eyeshadow, bold Egyptian-inspired eyeliner, and unique geometrical makeup accents. Channel your inner goth goddess and turn heads with this classic gothic look!
- Dark Eyeshadow: Create the perfect smoky eye with the best-selling Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette. This palette offers a range of rich, dark shades specifically designed for that iconic gothic look.
- Bold Eyeliner: Achieve that striking Egyptian-inspired liner with the highly-rated NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Liner. Its precision brush tip makes it easy to create flawless, dramatic lines that last all day.
- Geometrical Makeup Accents: For unique and eye-catching geometrical accents, try the top-rated e.l.f. Cosmetics Cream Eyeliner in “Black”. Its creamy formula glides on smoothly and blends easily for a stunning finish, perfect for adding those artistic touches to your goth makeup look.
Cyber goth makeup
Ready to level up your makeup game, babes? Embrace the electric world of Cyber Goth makeup, inspired by iconic animes like Akira and Ghost in the Shell. Rock faux dreadlocks, colorful hair, thin gothic eyebrows, and neon hues for that ultimate cyberpunk vibe. Check out these must-haves for creating a jaw-dropping Cyber Goth look:
- Colorful Hair: Slay that vibrant blue hair with faux dreadlocks using Arctic Fox Vegan and Cruelty-Free Semi-Permanent Hair Color Dye. Customize your Cyber Goth hair to showcase your unique style.
- Thin Gothic Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz is perf for nailing those thin gothic eyebrows. Its ultra-fine tip ensures precise, hair-like strokes for a fierce Cyber Goth look.
Pastel goth makeup
If cybergoth and classic goth makeup are a bit too much for you, you might want to try the pastel goth aesthetic style. While makeup is still bold, the color scheme is more subtle than others on this list. Like its name reveals, pastel goth uses pastel colors such as pink and lilac instead of going for an all-black vibe, giving it a cute goth makeup look .
Goth glam makeup
This gothic makeup idea is perfect for adding a dramatic yet glamorous vibe to your look. You can create a smokey eye using black and other dark-colored eyeshadows and pair it up with eyeliner. In order to keep it subtle, leave the rest of the face somewhat neutral with nude lipstick and a bit of bronzer.
Gothic lolita makeup look
This trend is a mixture of Japanese Lolita and gothic fashion. Red lipstick and neatly defined goth eye makeup are characteristic of this style, which give a highly feminine and doll-like vibe to the look. These are often paired up with black Victorian-inspired clothing, such as dresses and corsets.
Casual goth makeup look
This is likely the most laid-back trend in this list. While dark-colored clothing and makeup remain important elements, the overall aesthetic is fairly toned down. Red or black lipstick are frequently paired with thin eyeliner and a bit of mascara to give a well-put together and casual vibe.
Romantic goth makeup
Like its name suggests, this trend is all about love and romance —inspired by Victorian literature and fashion. Makeup usually includes light-colored foundation, as well as soft blush and black eyeliner. If you’re feeling playful, you can add some patterns around your eyes or even beauty marks.
Vampire goth makeup
This eerie makeup trend is literally about replicating the look of a vampire. Black, purple or red are the preferred colors for this style. Like many on this list, dramatic eyeliner and eyeshadow are a must. Bold lipstick and faux vampire teeth are almost always included, and so are pointed nails.
Hippie goth makeup
Inspired by Wiccan and Celtics, this trend includes symbolism and imagery of these ‘dark’ religions. However, much like casual goth, the makeup can be fairly subtle: nude eyeshadow and a bit of mascara often do the trick. Also, eyebrows tend to be rather thick to give a natural vibe.
Tribal goth makeup
Because this trend emerged at the height of belly dancing’s popularity, it mixes Indian and Middle Eastern elements with the classic goth aesthetic. For example, black or dark red eyeshadow are often paired up with bindis and nose rings. Tribal goth makeup also includes thin eyebrows and dramatic eyeliner.
That’s a wrap!
Now that you’ve learned all about the different goth makeup looks, go ahead and try it out! And don’t forget to check out our store for goth clothing!
Also, if you liked this post, we recommend you to get a look at these bold makeup looks to try. You won’t get disappointed!